Sunday, September 23, 2007

Pod pilots: perpetual students

Well, I finally understand energy management enough that I've been able to fit my MAPC. It makes a big difference; now I've got that 200mm of state-of-the-art plate fitted as well, and my ship has plenty of power to spare. I've been able to test out my systems in combat against low-level pirates, and find I can zip around on full afterburners, webbing my foes and firing on them with all guns, without having to worry about power. The other side of the coin is that now, with an MAPC and armor plating, there's no place to fit an armor repairer. I also had to take out the damage control unit I'd been using. On the whole, however, I feel I'm fighting from a much more stable and durable platform.

Before I go out and take on more intelligent opponents, however, I feel I must somehow get more speed out of my Incursus. I'm thinking a micro warp drive to replace my current high-end afterburner would be of great value, but I just don't see how to do it and still have fuel to return to the station. People assure me it can be done, however, so it's time to hit the books again--now to learn high speed maneuvering skills and hone my knowledge of navigation and afterburners.

No comments: