Wednesday, December 17, 2008

OOC: I'm It

I have been double-tagged, tagged by Flashfresh then Wensley in the space of 15 minutes. Here are the rules of this game of tag:
  • Link to the original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 facts about myself in the post - some random, some weird.
  • Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
  • Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
And so, 7 random and/or weird things about your humble blogger.
  1. I was my troop's first-ever Eagle Scout.
  2. After securing the offer of a full scholarship for a 5-year degree in Nuclear Physics I answered the call to ministry and have been a foreign missionary for over 22 years now.
  3. Back in the early 1980's I hiked to the highest peak in Poland--from Czekoslovakia.
  4. I am conversational in 4 languages and can "read" (an academic technical term) 5 others.
  5. In the old days, I would be dead several times over. I have had appendicitus, maybe hepatitus (after two of my brothers were diagnosed with the disease, Mom didn't bother taking me in when I displayed similar symptoms), Guillan-Barre Syndrome, and gallbladder surgery.
  6. I enjoy SCUBA diving.
  7. I chose the nom de guerre Ka Jolo as a nod to Filipino pirates plying the Sulu Sea. Jolo is the name of a city in the area, and "Ka" is an honorrific which can stand for the Filipino words for "brother" or "comrade."
It seems most of the blogs I usually follow have already been tagged. I perused CrazyKinux's Player Blogroll to add to a couple I found who have so far evaded us I hereby tag the following bloggers:

25081197, aka 250
Wreck Count by Rakkar Than
Yarr Yum
The Bastards' VB Sarge
Blackheart
Cussbeard's A Fistful of ISK
Kitochi Oritsu's Surviving Within the Void

Not it!

1 comment:

Nursultan said...

Wow, a missionary pirate!